We are in danger of losing many colonies of bats because people have a lot of wrong ideas about them. Since many people don't know the truth about bats, they are afraid of them. Sometimes, when people are afraid of something, they want to get rid of it. And that is what is happening to bats around the world. Uninformed people want to get rid of bats.
But we can save the bats from this harm!
1. Do what you are doing now...learn more about bats.
2. Tell your family and friends what you know about bats so they will respect them too.
3. Have your family become members of Bat Conservation International. Click here to find out more on memberships.
4. Tell your teachers what you have learned about bats and ask if learning more about bats can become a classroom project.
5. Do not disturb bats where they live. Stay out of their homes. Don't go into caves where they live, or under bridges where they are, or in buildings where you might find bats. Leave them alone!
6. Visit your library often and check out the different books on bats. Invite your friends to go with you and read together
IF EVERYONE IN THE WORLD DID THESE SIMPLE
THINGS, BATS WOULD
NOT BE IN DANGER.
LET'S ALL DO AS MUCH AS WE CAN TO
Where They Live
Kinds of Homes
Foods They Eat
What They Look Like
How They Help Humans
Are They Birds? Help Save Bats How Echolocation Works Games Big Quiz Classroom Programs Books
Other Bat Links Contact Us Main Page